Friday, February 4, 2011

OWOH 2011- finished pieces

If you want to win these DO NOT respond here, go here http://mariesegal.blogspot.com/2011/01/owoh-2011-welcome-welcome.html

This post is to say hi to everyone and to show the now finished OWOH pieces.
I finished the Blue Bird of Happiness necklace. I love him!


This is the picture in the OWOH post

I am really happy with the beaded part, I used faux pearls and silver bead caps on each one, I wire wrapper each link in almost a rosary flare. On the right side I used 3 pink glass hearts and a little gold tone metal heart hanging from it. I thought if I used the gold in the crown and the little gold heart that it could be worn with either metal.

This is the finished necklace with additions and embellishments

I added an iridescent blue acrylic paint to the blue bird to give a sheen to his feathers and then I added a blush of gold acrylic to the crown to pop that out.
To top that off I have a green crystal on the crown.


Here is the whole necklace
 I added a handmade 20 gauge non tarnish silver wire hook with a 16 tinned copper jump rings. All the the faux pearls are wrapped with 2o gauge non tarnish silver wire.
The non tarnish silver is copper wire with a silver plate, the tinned copper wire is copper with a tinned plating.
This will go to the first person picked. Unless of course the wish to have the heart here.
I am thinking about making more birds, they love Madi and are around her all of the time. I am seeing them everywhere. She loves that they can fly and sing too, she says "Burd, Burd, tweet tweet, gamma"
It is the cutest thing,

This is the OWOH commemorative heart necklace.
 This is a world heart with OWOH letter circles of granite clay on it. I also has a red heart on it. It also has the year on it because this is the last year that Lisa Swifka at A Whimsical Bohemian is going to do this blog social and you can see from the other people that are involved in this project of hers that this has been a life affirming and pleasurable experience for all of us. Thank you Lisa, this is a wonderful thing you have done and I, for one, appreciate so much all of the work and hours you have put in to this event and I will miss the magic of it. But as I am starting to realize, somethings are never copied or remade in the same magnificence of the original.

This is a pendent with all the colors of the earth and sky in the ribbons that make up the necklace hanger.
So those are my two pieces.
And if you follow or read my blog, but you do not have a blog, you are so welcome to play and enter also. Enter here.
Good luck everyone.
I am running around trying to read all of the posted blog for this event, which was when I checked last at 780, it is still not too late to join us, you can go here to find out about it too

16 comments:

  1. They are going to make two people very happy--gorgeous as is all your work, Marie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure I commented on the original OWOH post Marie, but OMG!!! These turned out SO BEAUTIFUL~~~you are amazing with clay!
    You are definitely THE QUEEN!!!

    XXOO~~♥
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll second Anne's declaration, you are indeed the queen. I entered your giveaway on the day of OWOH because everything you make is magick.
    I love the reason you are doing the burds, burds. Grands are, for those of us who are with them everday a lovely trial of life. But with that slice of "heaven" comes some memories with which we are so extra blessed. It's a double edged sword, tired now, blessed always. The Olde Bagg, Linda from Casa de Cuckoo

    ReplyDelete
  4. These are both delightful. I love the heart best!!!!! Lucky winners. I was already on the other comment so hope that doing it once is enough.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marie, both articles you made are beautiful, as usual ;o) You are going to make two people very happy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are really beautiful, Marie! xoxo Pam

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Marie,your work gives me joy and serenity! i love the blue bird!!kisses,
    Barbara^__^

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marie, the bird necklace came out beautifully! And that heart is fabulous! I really love the symbolism in it. Just beautiful.

    Have a GREAT trip to FL!!! I hope you have a memorable, fun, and relaxing time with your parents.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Marie! Theyre so beautiful,like all your magical little creations :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi, thanks for visiting my blog. The jewelry you make is lovely, so cheerful. Please put me on your list.

    ReplyDelete
  11. what i already said: likewise and ditto! are you having fun? ♥

    ReplyDelete
  12. now, they are more gorgeous than ever. I'm sure you had a blast at CHA!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for visit my blog.
    your give away is beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow wee...Love the Blue bird of Happiness Marie, he is darling!

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by. Please leave your words of wisdom. I look forward to them and I so enjoy reading them all.
Live to love, Love to create, and create to connect.
Marie

www.mariesegal.com
www.clayfactory.net