Thursday, October 14, 2010

Thursday Thankfulness, A squiggle here, a squiggle there, a thousand lines later.

My friend Ces from "Ces and her dishes" is worthy of Wednesday wonder, but since I know her personally, I thought it would be nice to say a few words.
What is it like to know someone with magic in their fingers? To have an idea of the monumental feat of pen and ink to perform something so beautiful.
All things come together to form an image of beauty, many lines, many thoughts, and many years of practice bring Ces to something that is easy for her, something of a second nature, something of play, something of beauty for the rest of us.
I appreciate this feat, I touch the paper, I see the lines, I see the play of light and dark and then my heart swells with love, love for someone who can make her thoughts come out of her hands.
The beauty that is Ces' brain.
Isn't that Cesalicious??? Thank you so much!

I am feeling very thankful for the wondrous people who I have met in my life and in the blogs that can make their visions come out of their head. Ces is only one of them. I am lucky to know so many of them.
How did I get so lucky?
This is indeed a wondrous world we live in! 
I remember this when I read a well turned phrase, a montage of color put just so, a felted flower, a poem of words and feelings, a doll of beauty and one of feeling, someplace where the artists in my life show their deepest soul and I feel it, I really feel it.
I forget this sometimes, with all of the strife and struggle, the bills to pay, the chores to do, the wounds to heal, the pain to get over, and the life to lead.
I was feeling grateful and wanted to share with you!
Show your beauty, someone like me is just waiting for the moment.

13 comments:

  1. What a beautiful words!
    Dear Marie, because i feel you are one of my best blogfriends, i need to tell you whats going on...
    2 weeks ago i was at the hospital to remove a strange looking birthmark.
    Monday the stitches were removed and the dermatologist sayd it was a very bad/evil birthmark. You know what i mean....
    Next week on thursday i have to go back to have a sergery again. Now the cut in my arm will be 7cm long. I guess thats 3 inch?
    I hated the 1st time,but now i know excactly what they gonna do and i'm so scared :-(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ces's work is so amazing and we are indeed luck to have met her and own some of her Quercus pieces!
    I too have had my share of ranting lately, but now I look out the studio door---the sun is shining, the birds flying, the trees all colors....
    I just have to stop and refocus.
    Frequently! LOL!!!

    XXOO~~♥
    Anne

    ReplyDelete
  3. This work is absolutely gorgeous!! Thank you for showing it - and for your lovely words. It´s so nice to know that after all we are just humans trying to live in this life!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Donna I am so sorry. I am holding you in my heart and wrapping you with love and healing.
    I am holding you hand, I wish I could be there for you in person.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to refocus on an hourly basis lately Anne.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ces does lovely pieces and no camera can give you an idea of the detail. It is truly amazing in person.
    I am so human, Lone!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This Ces person, she is wonderful, no? She sounds so fabulous. She is all over ze blogs. She is at Andrew Finnie's, Amalia, Anne Huskey Lockard, Mita, and everyone is talking about her. She must really be one special person. I herd zhe loves you very much and zhe calls you Sister Marie, yes? Many words have been invented in honor of her like Cesaliscious, Cessinated, Cesnut...hmn, she must be very very special!.

    She likes nuts, yes? She is a nut, no? She is very nutty, that Ces. She needs a spanking, no?

    HAHAHAHAHA!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my! All of these things said about me are true. I am fabulous. Haaay! What can I say?

    HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!

    Oh Marie, thank you. I have to be silly because my other reaction is that of embarrassment of being fussed about. My dearest sister Marie, you deserve more than these.

    I love you, Sister Marie!!!

    TSUP!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yes our Ces is a beautiful soul and it certainly shows in her art.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Marie, how come I don't get your feed through my Google Reader even though I am following you? Argh!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh Marie, what you wrote is so beautiful. And true! Yes, Ces is Cesalicious! And generous. We are all a bunch of Cesnutz. I love love love my bloggy friends. Happy Friday! **kisskiss** Deb

    ReplyDelete
  12. you have got to explore zentangles! anyone can pick up a pen and make pretty. really! try it!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Awww, what a beautiful and moving post! Yes, our dear Ces has magic in her fingers. She has magic fingers. Isn't that the name of a massager, by the way?

    Truly, we are blessed with the friendships we've made. I'm so grateful to have you as a friend, too.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by. Please leave your words of wisdom. I look forward to them and I so enjoy reading them all.
Live to love, Love to create, and create to connect.
Marie

www.mariesegal.com
www.clayfactory.net