Monday, October 4, 2010

Glazed flowers



Links for the supplies will connect you to my Hubby's shop if you are looking for these products.

Thank you so much for supporting myself and my family.


Flowers and leaves cutter set (The cutters I used for this project are shown below)
Cernit Porcelain white 2 ounce package will make several flower and leaf sets
Air Brush Exciter Packs Metallic and Transparent
Small brushes
Ultimate Clay Machine or acrylic roller
Small knife (not a razor type knife)
Bic Round Stic pen











Condition and roll out the porcelain white on the thickest setting in the clay machine or 1/8" thick or a little thinner.
Cut out the 4 petals and score them with a small knife. Do not cut through them, just score them to make the lines in the petal.





Cut out the leaves and score the veins in each leaf, start with the center vein and then cut the side veins.








Cut the back flower out of the rolled out porcelain white Cernit. It is the large cutter with 5 petals shown above.








Lay down the 5 petal flower first and then place the leaves where you want them.
Press the very bottom of the stems on to the 5 petal flower.









Now add the 4 marked petals to the back flower.








Roll a 3/8" ball of the porcelain Cernit clay and flatten a little with your thumb and forefinger.












Add to the center of the petals. Poke several holes in the center.



Bake the flower in a 275 degree pre-heated oven for 30 minutes, shut off oven and let the flower cool in there.





I used these colors to paint the flower and leaves.
I let the paint dry completely and then coated with the air brush varnish.
You can also heat set this paint by placing in a pre-heated 200 degree oven for 15 minutes and let it cool completely before touching it at all.
Transparent yellow is used for the petals and the metallic yellow is used for the center.
These flower and leaves sets make nice embellishments for scrapbooking, journals, and jewelry, decorating mirrors and pots etc...etc...etc...

The Air Brush Exciter Packs are a newly listed product for my Hubby's store. 
There are 3
opaque
transparent
metallic

7 comments:

  1. Marie, you make this look so easy, but somehow I just know that mine would not turn out like that! Sooooooo pretty. **blows kisses** Deb

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, how I wish I had more time in my days to also learn how to play with polymer clay in addition to all the other things I love to do. And Deb is right - you make it look sooooo easy!! Love, Silke

    ReplyDelete
  3. Muchas gracias por el tutorial, queda perfecto.
    besitos ascension

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Marie. What a great tip - and I agree with Deb. Things never comes out so perfect as yours!!! Hugs and love!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You should have your own show on TV. Honestly!

    This is so pretty pretty pretty! And I also think it looks quiet elegant in pure white.

    xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh Marie!!! this is awesome!!! what a cool piece...thank you for showing us this!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks, Marie...I just love your short tutorials! I am going to give this a try. I haven't tried the Jacquard's Air Brush Paints yet...will have to check those out too!

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by. Please leave your words of wisdom. I look forward to them and I so enjoy reading them all.
Live to love, Love to create, and create to connect.
Marie

www.mariesegal.com
www.clayfactory.net