Wednesday, July 1, 2009

My Mom's Liberty


My mother used to have a navy blue and white kitchen with dark red accents. To me it is a strange combination and something I myself would never do. My mother can pull this off with panache.
I have always thought she is a class act. Her house is and has always been beautiful and reminds me of home decorating magazines.
She can also make my jewelry look amazing by putting together a whole ensemble to frame the pieces I make.
I made this Liberty for her many, many years ago. It is also one of my favorite pieces.

I am sorry this picture is so bad, but it is all I have.

I have loved and admired both of these ladies , liberty and my mother, and what they portray to me, for many, many years.

6 comments:

  1. I love it Marie. I love the patriotic colors.

    Well, not having a computer in blogland is like being castrated.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this piece too! Thank you Ces.

    It is similar I imagine! LOL!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't it amazing what our mothers can/could do? I love it, and it's a special post..love it, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful tribute to your mom Marie. Lovely piece!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hoping you & yours have a wonderful 4th of July holiday weekend!

    Chris :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marie, it's a gorgeous! Wonderful colors! Mom's... aren't they fantastic! Great story!
    Hugs to you...
    Bobbi

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by. Please leave your words of wisdom. I look forward to them and I so enjoy reading them all.
Live to love, Love to create, and create to connect.
Marie

www.mariesegal.com
www.clayfactory.net