Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Pccmmretreat- arriving

OMG!!!!, did I have a great time. I slept like a log last night. I love my bed.
Shepardstown and campus is a beautiful oasis, colonial, and full of wonderful, genuine people.
And there was on the way in, roads lined with honeysuckle, the smell was delightful and the view breathtaking. Synchronous!
I am so glad I went.
I met my friend Mer in Chicago and we flew in to Dulles. We talked all the way there. It was the shortest flight I have ever been on.
I love Mer, she is a sister-friend of mine. I talk to her every week in email and sometimes on the phone. But being with some one in person is so much better. She encourages me when I don’t know if I can do it, holds my hand when I am scared, and helps me laugh when I need to. She loves me for being me, I don’t have to pretend. I love you Mer, I miss you already.
Please go visit her http://www.mereditharnold.com/ and http://mereditharnold.wordpress.com/
We met up with a fellow retreater Darcy (Hi Darcy!!!) and went to get a car and ended up with an upgrade (we thought, we were wrong) and proceeded to drive to the retreat.

I am driving ;-O. Only screwed up once and missed an exit. It was my impatience to get there, so I thought I would go around some slow trucks, don’t they know I have a retreat to get to? Poor Darcy, she probably wondered what she had gotten herself in to. Cackling, laughing, and crazy driving mhwahhhhhhhhh!!!
Got turned around and headed out to West Virginia, gosh what a beautiful drive. It reminds me of ...green!! LOL!! The honeysuckle (did I mention the honeysuckle?) was thick, thick, thick, and from the ground to probably 20-30 feet in the air, for miles and miles. Makes my scrawny little patch of honeysuckle look sad. We passed all kinds of small places and towns, very colonial. I would have taken pictures but I was driving and it probably would have sent poor Darcy over the edge at that point. It was GORGEOUS!
The staff even held over for dinner so the 3 of us could eat. Isn’t that the sweetest thing?
We went up stairs to put our stuff in the workroom and Polly was waiting.
Heidi Spicer, one of the people that pulled this fantastic event off and a beautiful and talented person, made her.
And she was movable. Needless to say she was always in a different position when I came in or left. Who would have done such a thing?

10 comments:

  1. sounds like you are going to have a blast. Thanks for letting me live vicariously through you :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful time you had!!! YEA!!!!! And Polly is adorable! Thank you for sharing your time!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marie, what a wonderful post! I am still reliving the week right along with you. It was all that we hoped for! Looking forward to seeing you next year! Syd

    ReplyDelete
  4. Kathi it would have been more fun if you and the Mooch came. LOL!!
    And dear you can live vicariously through me anytime!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. It was Oopsie!!! And for a couple of days I would look out in the hallway and think someone was sitting there. LOL!! It was just Polly.
    Thank you so much for reading.

    ReplyDelete
  6. SYDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD!!! Hey you!
    I miss you already.
    It was better, I think. With all the great people and you 4 running things, it was AWESOME.
    And I will be there next year.
    Giant hugs Syd, I really enjoyed getting to spend some time with you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It was Renee. You would have loved all of the talented women and in one room, electric!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marie so glad you are back safe and sound. Have been waiting to hear all about your wonderful trip.
    Sounds amazing.
    Everyone would have had a wonderful time just with you being here.
    Yes as you said all those talented women in one place.
    Just wonderful.
    I feel I have been there with you.
    Go on to greater things.
    Love
    Elizabeth XXX

    ReplyDelete
  9. Elizabeth you are just the best!!!
    I missed visiting you.
    Love and hugs,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by. Please leave your words of wisdom. I look forward to them and I so enjoy reading them all.
Live to love, Love to create, and create to connect.
Marie

www.mariesegal.com
www.clayfactory.net