Friday, June 12, 2009

Lovely Meta- PCCMMR



Meta: ...if you're hungry, rhymes with pita;


think bananas, it's Chiquita;



dirty books, oh, that's Lolita.



Meta Strick is a dear woman with a razor wit and phenomenal talent. I met her quite a few years ago at another retreat and I felt a bond with her.


I found out at PCCMMR that she felt the same. It is so nice to have validation on feelings and emotions.
I have to this day met very few people that have impacted my life in such a short time. She did.




You know, I am happy to say, the older that I get, that there are more that impact me in a positive way than don’t. I am going to pat myself on the back for drawing wonderful people in to my life now. I am so grateful.
At the other retreat Meta painted a woman’s face with Piñatas for me on clay that was crap, to put it mildly…LOL! No names need to be mentioned, eh? I broke the piece on my way home (it was even packed well) and I was distraught.
I was so happy when the retreat coordinators told me that Meta was going to be there.
And though I have changed very much (She hasn't) since the time I saw her last, she remember me and I saw actual joy in her eyes to see me. I hope she saw that in mine, because I was very happy to see her.
I also have another woman painted on a strong enough clay to handle the alcohol in the Piñata inks. The inks tend to, if painted in this way, to dry out the clay and make it more brittle.



Here she is: I am so happy to have her back in my life again.
ISN'T SHE GORGEOUS? I LOVE HER!!!!



She didn't break on the way home either.


And we promised to stay in touch this time.
Meta taught classes at the retreat you can read about them here. Scroll to the bottom.
Another thing Meta said at the PCCMMRetreat that made an impression on me with all of the others is. When asked how she stays so young,
“I dye my hair and don’t act my age” What a code to live by.
Love you Meta!

I forgot to add that Meta paints these on to raw clay and then bakes them in the oven.

18 comments:

  1. Marie, oh my God, I love the painting.

    You are a lucky duck. And just as Meta sounds amazing, so is Marie.

    Love Renee xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me too Renee!!! I can not believe how lucky I am.
    Thank you Renee,
    love and huge hugs,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a doll she is! And are you! Enjoyed reading the course descriptions, would like to take yours!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She is Lynda and thank you!
    You probably would have loved the whole retreat Lynda. So many talented women all sharing what they had.
    Very nice.
    Maybe next year?
    Hugs,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Marie, Meta is a doll. I just love having her and Mags at my house before the Orkney Springs retreat. I get goodies from VT when they come :-) and I get Meta to paint all over my house!!!
    I really hate that I had to miss the first retreat and didn't get to visit with you again. Maybe again...one day soon.
    Oscelyn rhymes with Jocelyn - lol I crack me up.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OCELYN!!! How the hell are you girl???
    Meta paints on your house???
    I love that. You lucky girl.
    I would love to visit with you again, anytime.
    It has been way too long.
    Love and hugs,
    Marie

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sorry Oscelyn forgot the S I got so excited.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a beautiful painting. She does lovely work. How wonderful to have made friends with such a talented lady.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Is it not the best Susan? Her art work pales in comparison to the dynamic and beautiful woman she is though.
    It is indeed wonderful to be friends with her.
    I am truly blessed.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I can't get over how gorgeous this painting is.

    Glad you had a good laugh Marie.

    Goodnight God Bless you.

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm lucky enough to have one of the first faces that Meta painted on scrap clay years ago, and mine hasn't broken yet. She is a marvel.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi Lenora, are you rested up from the extravaganza?
    Good for you Lenora. It probably wasn't the crap I gave her to paint it on.
    She is a marvel isn't she?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hey Marie, I am great!!! It's so good to hear from you. I'm surprised you still remember me...it's been so long. Well, Meta doesn't paint "on" my house, she paint's stuff "in" my house. Last year she painted fairys on a piece of luau that's hanginng in the bathroom. This year she painted on doors and a window. I love it!!! I'll try and post the pics on facebook so you can peek.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oscelyn, I am so glad to hear that you are doing well. Wonderful to hear from you!
    OMG! we had fun that year, didn't we?
    I would love to see pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi marie
    Meta sounds like me I would love to meet her, but feel I can know her through you.
    As she says to stay young I dont act my age.
    I am forever young that way. new things intrigue me as does meeting new people. I could stay on your blog all day, so much of interest.
    Love
    Elizabeth.XXX

    ReplyDelete
  16. I think Meta's philosophy is a very good one and will serve me well.
    Thank you so much for the wonderful compliment and your visit. It is always lovely to *see* you Elizabeth!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. What an awsome painting. I'm so happy to hear that you have one that made the trek all the way home in one piece. How wonderful to have run into Meta again. I'm sure you enriched her life just as much as she did yours.

    Hugs to you my friend,

    Pam

    ReplyDelete
  18. Pam isn't it the best? I love the way she paints. So sure of herself, each small stroke of the brush builds the image from the bottom of the canvas to the top. A sight to watch.
    I love the confidence.
    I hope I did,
    Love and hugs to you my friend.

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by. Please leave your words of wisdom. I look forward to them and I so enjoy reading them all.
Live to love, Love to create, and create to connect.
Marie

www.mariesegal.com
www.clayfactory.net