Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Funny faces




OK, OK, I am still stuck on this faces thing. With the vampire and my grandmother down, I was itching to do more. You can read about them here.




Now, I have these guys.



I used suntan Cernit and decorating chalks and then antiqued with Neo-opaque Brown my all time favorite antiquing medium.

Since I have to make jewelry, I thought why not put them in the copper findings I make.



This is what I usually do with them.













I love Dawn Schillers Oddfae in findings.

I would love to be as good as her, but I know that practice will make perfect or a least better and I am inspired by her work. Viktor is one of my favorite pieces and we did it together. I did not do the face.

She helped me get back in to the sculpting thing after not doing any for a very long time. Her encouragement and gentle hand brought things back long buried.

That was at the last Sandy Camp, she did a couple of impromptu classes.

I enjoyed playing with the Cernit for sculpting more than any of the polymer clays I have ever worked with. It sort of just sculpted itself. I love the way it comes out after baking it.

This is what I did then.

I call him Snakeman and he is one of my all time favorite coneheads. LOL!! He is my only conehead.

Thank you Dawn! I am having so much fun!

14 comments:

  1. Love the faces Marie.....love everything in fact....

    Great Work

    Jodi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you all so much. I have fun making them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marie,

    I love these faces! They are too Freakin' cute. They make me want to take up sculpting. I LOVE LOVE LOVE THEM. And I Love YOU TOO. Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the faces. Funny, I have a little sculpture of my Grandma on my post. Pop over and see. Have a great day, Susan

    ReplyDelete
  5. AAAAHHHH! You are home! I missed you! I love all the faces. They are oddly beautiful. I love my Vampyre vase. I will have to take it to work sio I can enjoy it more and show it off to my friends. Oh everytime I see the clay, I get so hyper and lament that there are only 24 hours in a day and I have to use a few of those to sleep. I need more waking hours so I can play with the claY! Welcome back Queen Marie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Take up sculpting.
    Thank you!
    Mousefingers, I love you too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Susan.
    Great minds think alike.
    I follow both blogs now.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Ces I am back.
    The faces are odd, I don't know about the beautiful part. LOL! Thank you though.
    It makes my heart sing that you love the vampyre.
    The time will come when you will clay and I will wait till the end of time to see it. When you are ready you will feel it and I wanted to make sure you had stuff on hand for that moment.
    So good to be back Ces and thank you so much for the welcome.
    It feels so good.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Marie, yippeee, your back.

    The faces look great. I hope that you had a super fantastic get-away.

    I checked out your snakeman and he has quite the sexy smile with those beautiful teeth.

    xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am and I did. I will tell tales.
    Thank you so much Renee, I love his teeth too. Wish mine looked that good.
    I am so glad to be back and still trying to catch up.

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh wow Marie...your work is amazing....these faces are so perfect!!! and I love all the great pieces you create....what an inspriation!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow thanks Diana!
    It is weird...I feel the same about you!!!

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by. Please leave your words of wisdom. I look forward to them and I so enjoy reading them all.
Live to love, Love to create, and create to connect.
Marie

www.mariesegal.com
www.clayfactory.net