Thursday, May 28, 2009

Piñata Ink on Opaque White


I also love the way the Piñata ink looks on the Opaque White Cernit.
The Opaque White is what I call a Ice white or White White. It is very white and even after baking stays quite white. I just love this.
So when I apply the Piñatas to the surface of this very white clay the colors stay vibrant and very true to what they are out of the bottle. They are not muddied up by a muddy white color.
Here is the tile baked (on the left) and raw clay (on the right) so you can see the darkening of the colors that I was talking about in the previous post.


This is a technique that I just love where you are using sheets of the Opaque white and coloring them with the Piñata ink on the surface. All of those sheets are stacked and rolled through the pasta machine several times and then stacked and cut with a ripple blade. And best of all it is a rainbow ripple, YAY!!! I love rainbows. Any way… I digress.
Each side of the slice will be very different from the next.
This is a version of Mokume Gane that uses a distorted blade instead of distorting the stack.

3 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing this! I love it. My mind is racing with the possibilities.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so welcome Karen!
    A racing mind with possibilities is a very good thing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marie, I have a question if you don't mind?
    On your "myspace" you show in your slideshow some pretty pastel butterflies you have made. Do you have the technique in a book or something that I could get? :)

    ReplyDelete

I am so glad you stopped by. Please leave your words of wisdom. I look forward to them and I so enjoy reading them all.
Live to love, Love to create, and create to connect.
Marie

www.mariesegal.com
www.clayfactory.net